October 17 2014, 11am ...2 days ago
I don’t get why white people shouldn’t be able to cosplay black/tanned character: I would love a “white” cosplay from a black person, so what’s wrong with the opposite case? Also, she’s so funny!
waterbending at its finest
Dear white people,
Please stop cosplaying as PoC characters.
Anyone can cosplay as anyone/anything they want. Also, that’s the actual voice actress for Korra. She literally IS the avatar.
Its also funny because if someone with darker skin cosplayed a white character they’d talk about how brave and awesome the person is.
ANYONE SHOULD COSPLAY ANYTHING THEY WANT
October 16 2014, 10pm ...3 days ago
Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, James Potter, Peter Pettigrew
Based on the book “Harry Potter” (J.K.Rowling)
Photo: Yana Gallis
© Liltale calo a lomino | vk.com/lilta
October 12 2014, 1pm ...1 week ago
This is great but why didn’t they put everything in the base game? It looks…maimed?
THE SIMS 4: Expansion Pack Survey
There’s a new The Sims 4 survey out (it’s by invitation only, check your email) that includes descriptions for seven potential expansion packs.
Popular expansion packs from the last survey (University, Pets, Seasons and Hobbies) were excluded this time. While the less popular expansion pack ideas (Rise to Fame, Careers and Crime-Justice) were re-worked and included again in this survey.
Of note, this is the first survey to include a Business expansion pack.
And for the second time there’s no mention of a Generations type expansion pack — which could mean it’s the first expansion pack and is already in development so there’s no point of including it in a survey. Or not. Time will tell.
The unannounced first expansion pack is speculated to be released March 2015.
Your Sims will have the chance to experience a variety of fully interactive careers that provide exciting gameplay and opportunities for you to tell all new stories. Directly control your Sims’ every action while they’re on the job and watch as they create new inventions as a Scientist, help cure other Sims as a Doctor, or solve crimes as a Detective amongst other career options.
- Doctor Career: As a Doctor you’ll be able to examine and treat patients, perform surgery, and deliver babies - all within the new Hospital.
- Scientist Career: Create new inventions in the Science Lab, conduct experiements on yourself and others, and perhaps even uncover aliens, alien worlds, and alien technology in the dessert as a Scientist.
- Detective Career: You’ll be able to investigate unique crime scenes, book and interrogate Sims at the Police Station, and patrol the streets solving crimes as the newest detective on the block.
- Office Career: As a sales expert you’ll be working the phones, gossiping in the lunch room, playing office pranks on your boss, and closing big deals.
- Maid Career: As a maid for hire you’ll be helping Sims keep their homes clean, but you’ll also be learning their deepest secrets in the process.
- Personal Stylist Career: Become a personal shopper and outfit your clients with the latest fashions in clothing, makeup, and accessories.
- Architect Career: Using Build Mode, you’ll get to design and build houses and venues for all of your neighbors and fellow citizens of your town - for a fee of course.
- Interior Decorator: With an eye for interior design, you’ll get to design Styled Rooms for all of your clients.
- New Neighborhoods: Travel to and explore new career based neighborhoods that have offices, hospitals, etc., as well as new collectibles that will help you get the job done right.
Experience the life of an entrepreneur in The Sims 4. Build a variety of different business types and manage both employees and customers alike. Create unique products, imbue them with special sentimental valies, and run your business as you see fit.
- Create & Manage A Business: Design a store to attract the right customers, fill it with the right items to drive sales, manage the business by hiring and firing employees, and advertise to gain more customers.
- Create A clothing Boutique: Assemble custom fashions to sell in your own clothing boutique.
- Art Gallery: Fill your art gallery with unique paintings and photographs while managing it at the same time.
- Bakeries & Cafes: Create tasty treats and sell them to other Sims in your own Bakery or Cafe.
- Share Your Stores: Share your businesses with the world using the Gallery. Can other players run your business better than you?
- Photography Career: Capture timeless memories with your camera and sell your images to the highest bidder to earn some Simoleons.
It’s time for your Sims to experience city living. Meet brand new neighbors and friends as your Sims live in a loft or apartment in one of the many high rise buildings. Your Sims will be able to check out the latest bands and DJs and dance the night away in the new rooftop night clubs. If you feel inspired, you’ll even have the opportunity to start your band and try to make it big!
FAME AND FORTUNE
Experience the rise to fame with your Sims! Have your Sim become the latest A-List actress, star pop singer, or hot shot film director. You’ll also be able to share films you create on the Gallery for other fans to enjoy. If living the life of a star isn’t your thing, you can become a freelance photographer and make a fortune taking pictures as a paparazzi.
- Become a Celebrity: Climb the celebrity ladder to fame and fortune. Manage your image and online persona, sign autographs, enjoy the adoration of fans, or hide from the paparazzi.
- Acting Career: Your Sims will be able to perfom in their own movies - including action adventure, comedies, musicals, and silent films.
- Singing Career: Train those vocal chords to perfection. Or don’t! Being a pop singer isn’t just about being able to sing - you have to have the popularity to back it up.
- Film Directing Career: Produce that latest indie art film, or go all out for this season’s blockbuster. When it’s complete, share it on the Gallery, and have your real life firends vote you to fame!
- Photography: Take award winning photos to help celebrities improve their image or utilize your camera to catch celebrity Sims in awkward situations as a paparazzi.
- Hollywood Parties: Throw exclusize parties and control the exclusive guest list to ensure only the A list can attend.
- Explore the Studio Backlot: Explore the Studio Backlot to discover different stages and props to utilize in your different films.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Help your Sims live a healthier and happier life! Participate in all new wellness activities including emotionally soothing massages, mud baths, acupuncture, steam room saunas, and personal training. You’ll also have the opportunity to open and manage a wellness center to spread health and happiness, while earning some extra Simoleons in the process.
Explore the mysterious world of the Supernatural where you’ll be able to create vampires, elementals, or even supernatural friends to help you around the house. You’ll also be able to discover mysterious run stones that allow you to control the elements. However, be careful how your Sims live, or the dead may return as mischievous spirits to torment your Sims and their emotions.
- Vampires: Play as a vampire where you can stalk, charm, or persuade other Sims to do as you wish.
- Spirits: Spirits will haunt and take over unsuspecting Sims and objects, creating surprising stories for all.
- Elementals: Play as a Sim that has the power over one of the four natural elements: Fire, Water, Earth, or Wind.
- Assemble A Monster: Discover how to assemble your very own monster and bring it to life.
- Rune Collections: Collect runes, learn their secrets, and use them to control the elements.
- Added Customization: Customize your Sims’ appearances in new ways by adjusting their fingernails and fangs, editing their tattoos, and customizing visual effects that your Sims get to bask in.
Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!
- Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
- Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
- Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
- Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.
October 12 2014, 1pm ...1 week ago
- friend: promise you won't tell anyone
- me: i promise
- me: *tells my mom*
October 12 2014, 1pm ...1 week ago
your fave is problematic: Booker DeWitt
- sold his own daughter to buy more booze
- refused to dance with elizabeth
- eats trash
- tattooed himself without consulting a certified professional, breaching health and safety standards
- his hands are too big
- clearly uses hair products to keep that bitching style in place, therefore supports lethal, dangerous chemicals being released into the atmosphere
- partakes in the telling of horrific dad jokes
October 12 2014, 1pm ...1 week ago
When will people stop being assholes? Sigh. That tattoo is great anyway~ (lame English LOL sorry)
got my first tattoo today
it hurts sighs
well honey, thank you for your absolutely deep and meaningful opinion, I’m sure this will totally erase what this tattoo means to me and so on so on 8)
October 11 2014, 1pm ...1 week ago
Whether you want to believe it or not you are ending your child’s life. There are always other options.
Don’t want your rapists baby when you’re an unemployed suicidal teenager?
Then have an invasive, risky procedure that will prevent you from ever having children ever again when you later decide you want to!
Don’t ever want children? Well then, I hope you can find a doctor that will perform a sterilization despite all of them insisting you’ll change your mind and refusing this procedure to you unless you’re both over 30, have 2 children already AND get your husband’s consent!
Can’t currently afford a pregnancy that costs thousands of dollars because you happen to be unable to find a steady job? You’re now NEVER allowed children EVER again because you have a temporary situation that makes it impossible to currently carry a pregnancy to term! Oh, and you have to shell out about $10,000 or so too, because you can OBVIOUSLY afford that in one go when you can barely scrape together $350 for an abortion!
Are you twelve and being raped repeatedly and just can’t be pregnant off your older relative and abuser? Hope you never heal and decide you want children later in life, you should just have your uterus cut out instead!
Like do you honestly have no concept of how fucking ridiculous you sound right now?
I think it’s noteworthy that antichoicers would never, ever suggest that amab people who want to prevent abortion should get vasectomies, even though they’re far less invasive, it’s easier to find a doctor who will do it, and can be reversible. Because everything is always the afab person’s fault and fuck them for enjoying sex, right? - Rachel
Actually vasectomies are considered to be sterilization or permanent birth control and not reversible.
And even if you were correct, it’s still a much less invasive and risky procedure than a fucking hysterectomy. - Rachel
“Don’t ever want children? Well then, I hope you can find a doctor that will perform a sterilization despite all of them insisting you’ll change your mind and refusing this procedure to you unless you’re both over 30, have 2 children already AND get your husband’s consent!”
This is what I ran into. I’ve got endometriosis, the worst the gynecologist who diagnosed me had ever seen in his 30 years of practice. It made my menstrual cycles so erratic and unbearable that it was affecting my ability to go to class, work a steady job, just basically function fully in society. Birth control pills helped regulate my cycle so I could at least plan ahead and control it a bit, but the only permanent solution was a hysterectomy. At the age of 25, I tried to get him to do that for me. He refused. Did everything in his power to talk me out of it. Said maybe if I had my parents’ permission (I was 25! Using my own insurance, etc), what if I wanted kids some day… blah, blah, blah.
He ended up agreeing to do two (two!) laparoscopic surgeries that were more expensive, less effective, and would need to be done again eventually, just to preserve my ability to have children some day. This coming from the same guy who warned me that if I was pregnant, I’d have greater odds of dying from complications than carrying to term because my condition was that bad.
He said that when I get married (I was dating a girl at the time!) if my husband said it was okay, he’d do the hysterectomy.
My imaginary future’s husband’s claim to my uterus and my ability to produce his imaginary progeny in spite of the danger it posed to my life was more important than my current very real suffering and ability to live a normal life.
And here’s the kicker. I’m 30 now, I obviously don’t see this guy anymore, but I also haven’t been able to find another gynecologist in my area who takes my insurance who sees me as a person, and not just as a potential baby incubator.
I had a cousin who had the same problem. She ended up having an ‘oops miracle’ baby, nearly dying in the process (she has a myriad of chronic conditions now form the pregnancy and birth) and then the doctor gave her the hysterectomy she’d needed, again, only with her husband’s permission.
^^^ if you don’t understand how difficult it actually is to get a hysterectomy then you need to spend some time pulling your head out of your ass and looking around at the world. It’s not like I can waltz into my doctor’s office and have it removed. God, anti-choicers get denser by the day.